A BIG thank you to beautywiththeblogger for nominating me. I’m so flattered! Sorry I’m a bit late in posting this… I wanted to take the time to do it well.
There are a few easy rules you must follow to participate:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself–they can be anything!
4. Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers)
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
6. Give them eleven questions to answer.
Eleven Questions from the lovely beautywiththeblogger:
- Why did you start this Blog? I’ve been wanting to start a beauty blog / channel since 2009 but I’ve been so busy and sort of intimidated. I just finished college this past December so I finally had time to think about all the things I haven’t gotten a chance to do yet, and this was one of them. Blogging also gives me a good reason to take more photographs and learn how to do makeup in a way that translates well to film.
- What is your skin care routine? Always changing… I’m currently using neutrogena’s acne stress control scrub as my primary cleanser because I ran out of my cream cleanser. I really want to try what I gather is neutrogena’s take on cetaphyl (this) because it looks awesome. I can’t decide if I want the creamy or foaming formula, though. My routine involves an obscene amount of moisturizers, serums, eye creams… and witch hazel, of course. Maybe I’ll make a skin care routine post.
- Do you prefer drugstore makeup or more high end? In a perfect world I’d be all about the high end stuff, but right now I’m mostly a drugstore gal. I think I mix of the two is ideal. I’m partial to a few drugstore brands in particular: neutrogena, physicians formula, almay. But if you let me loose in a Sephora or at the MAC counter I’m in heaven.
- What is your favorite food? I love love love food. Pasta or quesadillas. Or really, really good pizza. I also love bialys (kind of like bagels but slightly doughier.)
- What is your favorite movie genre? I’m shameless. I like all of those big budget movies based off comics, as well as anime, horror, documentaries, and film noir. If it isn’t a romantic comedy I’ll watch it. If it’s action oriented, scary, or broodily intellectual I’ll probably enjoy it. I’m very picky about comedies, but I LOVE Parks and Recreation and actively seek out films and TV shows in that vein of humor.
- If you could be anything, what would you be? Ultimately I’d like to be involved in the comics industry in one capacity or another, but I’m willing to see where life takes me.
- What is your favorite season? Spring. Not too hot, not too cold. And no immediate threat of winter.
- Whats in your makeup bag? It’s always changing but currently I’ve got: almay liquid lip balm, neutrogena eyeliner. Boring!
- If you could bring one thing back from your childhood what would it be? The herd of cattle next to my house.
- What is something you strive for everyday? To not be too hard on myself.
- Who is your favorite blogger? I can’t choose just one! I really like Phyrra, xSparkage, and Sarah Hawkinson.
11 facts about me:
- I’m 22 going on 23, but sometimes I think I look like I’m under 18.
- I have perfect pitch but a sub-par singing voice in terms of strength and delivery.
- I’m hardworking, professional, and a genuinely nice person, but at the core of my being I despise all authority.
- I always have at least three creative projects going at one time.
- I’ve gotten pretty comfortable with public speaking over the last year and a half, but I’d still be nervous about making a video recording of myself! Strangely counterintuitive.
- I have a boyfriend of 6 years.
- I started taking college classes at 16 but once I actually got to college I was unhappy with my major and decided to take a year off. Once I came back to school I had an easier time of things.
- I had a chapbook of poetry come out last year.
- 17 year old me could’ve thought of endless facts about her, but 22 year old me is having a difficult time coming up with anything that isn’t about work or education!
- I’m a coffee person, but lately I’ve been loving black tea with milk and sugar.
- I’m pretty decent at money management. That said, gratuitous, impulsive makeup purchases will always be my splurge of choice.
My questions: (slightly general because my nominations are cross-genre)
1.) Is this your first foray into the world of blogging?
2.) Why did you start your current blog?
3.) What are your interests and hobbies outside of blogging?
4.) Do you have any pets?
5.) What sort of camera do you use?
6.) What are your favorite genres of music?
7.) What’s your Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality type? Or if you’re not familiar with that, how would you describe your personality and demeanor?
8.) How extensively do you research something before buying it? How large or small of a role does branding and packaging play in your decision to purchase a product?
9.) Did you grow up using computers, or delve into the digital world later in life?
10.) Do you prefer neutrals or bright colors?
11.) Felines or canines?